I had another check-up today. I was a little concerned going into the appointment because Chase does not move as much as Reed did. I was also a little worried about my past few measurements. I talked to the doctor about my concerns, and she thought it would be best if we went ahead and did an ultrasound today.
The sonogram showed some breathing movements, and his heartbeat was 135 bpm. He has turned head first, which is good. The lady doing the sonogram said that he has a full head of hair. She had to really work with him to get him moving. At first, I couldn't feel the movements, then I was able to feel a few. She said that Chase is a very gentle mover.
Unfortunately, I was told some concerning news as well. My fluid level is very low, and Chase is a small baby. His weight is in the 15th percentile. His gestational age is 34 wks 2 days. According to my due date, I am 33 weeks today. His actual measurements are around 31-32 weeks.
After the sonogram, I met with my doctor to discuss the low fluid and weight. As for the fluid, she wants me to drink as much water as possible. I have to go back to the doctor on December 29th for another sonogram to check the fluid. Then, I go back on January 4th to check Chase's weight.
As for the weight, she said that his weight is a concern right now. We do not want his weight to go below the 10th percentile. According to my doctor, if his weight goes below the 10th percentile, she will probably have to take the baby early.
I want to ask everyone to please keep Chase and me in your prayers. Please pray that Chase will gain more weight and that my fluid level will increase. Also, please pray that I will concentrate on drinking plenty of water. God is so good, and I know he is watching over us.
Thanks in advance for your prayers.




6 comments:
Erin,
Just wanted you to know I'm praying for you and Sweet Chase!! Just as an encouragement, a friend of mine had the same concerns and delivered a perfect boy just a few days before her due date. Praying for the same results for you! Love you and Merry Christmas!
We are praying for you all. God answers prayers and does an AWESOME job at doing that. Just keep drinking that water and taking care of yourself. Love you all!!
We'll be praying for you and Baby Chase!
Praying for you and Baby Chase! Drink lots of water and rest as much as you can!!
Things are going to be fine. I pray for you and Chase every morning and every night. I will continue doing that and happy that I can. I know drinking lots of water is hard to do but sometimes I add a little lemon juice. love you, Grandmama
It just breaks my heart to read this, but our precious Lord is in control. I have prayed for you & Chase, and I will continue to do so. I love you (& Baby Chase) dearly!
P.S. I'm excited to read The Overstreets' comment!
Post a Comment