I just wanted to give everyone an update on Chase. I had my 30 week check-up today, and Reed went with me. The whole way to my appointment, I explained to him what we were going to do. I told him that he was going to get to hear Chase's heartbeat, so he was excited.
While we were sitting in the waiting room, he kept asking "Where's the doctor, Mommy!" Thankfully, we didn't have to wait too long before the nurse called us back. While the nurse weighed me, he sat in a chair and asked questions the whole time. I was very excited to hear that I'd only gained 2 pounds!
Then, we headed to the room. On our way there, he saw an Elf from the Elf on the Shelf book. He said, "Look Mommy! It's an Elf!" So, we stopped and had a little conversation with the elf. He told the Elf to tell Santa "hi." We read a book while we waited for the doctor.
When the doctor came in, he said "There's the doctor!" He sat in the chair and watched the doctor measure my belly. He had such a serious look on his face. My doctor was great, and she explained to him everything that she was doing. My measurements were between 29 and 30, which she said was good. She also felt on my stomach and said that she was pretty sure that Chase has turned and is no longer breach! That's great news!
Then, it was time for the heartbeat. When Reed heard it, he just smiled. My doctor left it on there longer than normal, so he could really hear it. I'm scheduled to go back in two weeks. After our good report, we headed to the car. When we walked out, he said "That was fun, Mommy!" He was such a good boy the whole time. He never fussed once. I think he really enjoyed listening to Chase's heartbeat.




3 comments:
Reed is going to be the best big brother EVER :)! It sounds like he was such a sweet boy at the doctor!!!
I am so proud to hear all is well with you and sweet baby Chase. I love his name and can't wait to meet him :)!
Miss y'all!!!
Awe!! I'm so glad you got a good report, and I enjoyed reading about your visit today. I could visualize that sweet boy doing everything you mentioned.
And kudos to you for making it through Thanksgiving & only gaining 2 pounds!
Sure would be nice to see a picture of that belly. Hint, hint.
....being the nonagenerian (almost), I am always amazed and excited about all the things that come up with having babies. When I was 12, the twins sister was about ready to have her baby. The twins and I sat on the curb in front of the house and had a deep, long discussion on--how is that baby gonna come out-- for us, we had NO clue. Now, they listen to the heart beat. Wonderful!!! an amazed Grandmama
Post a Comment