Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 4, 2009

What's Happening in Reed's World?

Reed will be two and a half in a few weeks, and he still amazes us every day. He is quite the little talker. Some of his favorite things to say are:
- Awesome
- Big, Enormous
- Gigantic
- Well. . .
- I don't know.
- Awww
- Go get it
- Thanks

Reed is still quite obsessed with anything to do with transportation. He still loves tractors, fire trucks, garbage trucks, diggers, and airplanes. We look for diggers and tractors every day while on the way to Ms. Maria's or school. He also loves animals.

He now goes to Ms. Maria's house three days a week and goes to Parents' Day Out, which he calls school, two days a week. He seems to really enjoy school. When I pick him up from school, we talk about what all he did and learned that day. I cherish those conversations.

He is so smart. He knows just about every letter in the alphabet, and he knows all of his colors. He's been learning a Bible verse every Sunday in nursery. He got a sticker today for reciting the Bible verse that they learned. We love the way he says Bible.

He has also taken a big interest in sports lately. He loves football and baseball. He was actually hitting the ball off the tee very good this weekend and is catching the ball much better.

He has also mastered using the potty. He has started telling us and his teacher when he has to go instead of just grabbing himself, which is a huge help.

3 comments:

THE CHITTOMS said...

I loved all of the updated posts :)! Reed is such a cute and smart little boy. It is sweet that he likes to tell his mom about his day and I love he is learning bible verses! It melts your heart, I know! Miss y all... maybe the next time we are all free I will not have the stomach virus :(!!!

Tina said...

I loved the update, but I sure didn't want a reminder that he's growing up!
Knox's 8 month update will be coming soon, as soon as the internet will stay working long enough to do it! Ugh!!!
Love yall!

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful update. It is good to share and be a part of his world. Long to see him and you and Chris. Take care and know I love you. Grandmama