Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 26, 2009

MSU Tailgating

Saturday, we met Uncle Michael, Aunt Shelley, and Katelyn in Tupelo. Then, we headed to Starkville to tailgate for the MSU/Florida game. A lot of my good friends were in town for the game, so I was looking foward to spending some time with them. However, Reed was not in the mood! The picture below sums up our afternoon:

We started off the day by going to eat at Mugshots with Aunt Shelley's parents and nephew. Their hamburgers, by the way, are awesome! Reed was in the best mood. We went to the Book Mart and bought Reed a MSU football jersey (which he has now worn 3 days in a row!).

Then, we headed to Margo's tailgate. There were people everywhere. I am not sure if I have ever seen that many people at an MSU game. It was complete chaos. Reed wanted to run around and play football, but there really wasn't anywhere for him to play, especially since we were by the road. Needless to say, Reed was so tired and not in a good mood!

Reed & Momma hanging out and resting at the tailgate.
Reed opening a present for his baby brother.

He was determined! I explained to him that it was a present for his baby brother, but I think he thought I said that his baby brother was in there because he kept saying he wanted his baby brother and was doing his best to open that present.

Reed giving the cell phone a high five.

I tried my best to get a picture of Reed & Katelyn, but
I couldn't ever get both of them to look at the camera.

Reed carried Catherine's bully around all afternoon.
Thanks Catherine for sharing your Bully with Reed.

Reed loved watching the players arrive in the buses.

He loved the fact that they were escorted by policemen.

Watching the players walk to the stadium, while enjoying some of Mary Katherine's yummy chex mix.

Catherine was smiling so big at Reed.

After we watched the players, and Reed had some cookies, he woke up and started to enjoy himself. It was good getting to see everyone, even though we didn't get to visit as much as I would have liked!

7 comments:

The Simpsons said...

You forgot to mention how Reed wanted to hold Aunt Shelley's hand while walking down the street.. it was so sweet! We had a good time. It was hectic but still fun.

The Gapens said...

At Shelley's Comment:

Not only did he want to hold Aunt Shelley's hand (He wouldn't hold my hand), he also didn't want to leave Uncle Michael's arms to come to his MOMMA!

Anonymous said...

From the comments sounds like somebody is reaching out. When he ran out of steam, he just had to lie around and perk up again.

Tina said...

I love the baby brother present story! How sweet!

Reed and Katelyn looked adorable in their outfits! I love the pictures of you & Reed. So precious!

At least you're getting your money's worth with the jersey! Eat, sleep, play - all while wearing the jersey!

THE CHITTOMS said...

I love the pictures... Katelyn and Reed look too cute in their outfits. That is sweet that Reed loved Aunt Shelley and Uncle Michael! State played such a good game Saturday!

I also love the pictures of momma and Reed... I thought you were pregnant??? You don't look it at all - you look awesome!!! And I am with Tina, the present story is precious!

Can't wait to see y all this weekend!

Love ya!!!

mary lee said...

It was great to see you! I hate I missed everyone else!

4 J's said...

Mugshots burgers are awesome! Joey's long time friend from growing up in Natchez owns it and we LOVE going whenever we get the opportunity. Love all the pictures!