Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 28, 2009

Disney on Ice

Friday night, we took Reed to Disney on Ice.
We went with our friends, Jeff & Meredith. They
have two boys, Braylon & Gavin. Reed and Gavin
are the same age and are in PDO together.

The afternoon started with dinner at the Spaghetti
Warehouse in downtown Memphis. The food was
delicious, and the atmosphere was perfect for families.
We actually ate in a train car, which Reed thought was
super cool. Reed told me that he wanted the train to move.

After dinner, we headed to the FedEx Forum. Reed
was so excited. He was ready to see Simba (from the
Lion King). He literally talked about Simba the
whole entire day! After the show, we stopped
by the Cheesecake Corner to get some dessert!
I must say...the best cheesecake ever!
Reed didn't last long enough to get a bite of
cheesecake because he was sound asleep by
the time we got back into the car.

Reed & Braylon had to check out all of the balls.
Reed running to get into line.
As soon as we made it inside, our first mission
was to get Reed a Simba! Thank goodness
they had a stuffed Simba, which I might add
has not left his side since Friday night. Simba
went to church with us, goes potty with us, eats
with us, etc.

Gavin, Meredith, Reed, & Daddy
(I couldn't ever get a picture of the boys looking
at the camera because they were so amazed with
everything there!)
We had great seats. I think we were 7 or 8 rows
from the ice!

Gavin showing Reed his car.

The boys waiting patiently for the show to start.

Reed didn't take his eyes off the ice. He
literally enjoyed every minute of the show.

Mickey & Minnie started the show. Donald &
Goofy were there too. Then, it was time for the
characters from the movie, Cars! Reed &
Gavin were so excited to see Mator.
Reed kept asking where McQueen was. So
when he came out, there was major excitement
on our row!
Reed telling Daddy who all was on the ice.

Next, the Little Mermaid came on. Reed hasn't
ever seen the movie, but he was still mesmerized
the whole time.
Then, it was finally time for The Lion King.
Reed was super excited when they started
playing the music. He knew what was coming.
He finally got to see Simba!

Reed talked the most about the characters in
The Lion King.

The part where Simba's dad dies was really good.

There's Pumba!

The last of the show was Tinkerbell. Reed hasn't
ever seen Tinkerbell either, but he seemed to
still enjoy it. Tinkerbell lasted forever, but
we were glad when Mickey, Minnie, Goofy & Donald
came back out on the ice.
Overall, the show was great! Reed really did
enjoy every minute of it. He is still talking about it.


5 comments:

The Davidsons said...

Hey Erin! I'm so glad I found your blog...by way of some other DG bloggers, of course. :o) Reed is super cute, and congrats on baby boy #2 on the way! :o) Isn't motherhood the greatest? So glad I found your blog!

Missy (Patrick) Davidson

Anonymous said...

What a marvelous show to see. It is good that he knew so many because that made it so much more interesting. He's a great little kid. love oooxxx Grandmama

Tina said...

Whoa! That looked like an awesome show! So glad you all enjoyed it! (J&M's kiddos are so cute! Glad I got to see them!)
I totally miss y'all! I hope you saved me a piece of cheesecake.

The Robertsons said...

I didn't even know about Disney on Ice. Landon would have loved it. Where have I been? Glad y'all had a good time.

THE CHITTOMS said...

It looks like Reed has a blast!!! I can't wait to take Will and Carter when they get big enough to appreciate it!!! Miss you guys!