Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's a ....

It's a Boy!

We wanted to do something special for the grandparents, so I decided to make cookies and mail them to all of the grandparents, great-grandmothers, aunts, and uncles to tell them the good news! Reed was so sweet and very interested in what I was doing. So, he helped Mommy with the cookies.

He thought the mixer was very cool! He helped me pour in the powdered sugar and milk. At one point, he dropped the measuring cup in the bowl while the mixer was on. It scared him pretty bad, so he was done after that! He was a big helper!

After all of the cookies had icing, I started to write "It's a Boy" on every cookie. Reed, of course, was my taste tester. He approved of the cookies 100% and wanted more.


It was a long process but worth every minute!

The finished product:

I put a note on each cookie that said "Reed is proud to announce that he is going to have a little brother!"

We have one active little boy! During the sonogram, he was moving around like crazy. He was not shy about showing us that he was a boy...at all! The lady doing the sonogram thought he was hilarious because every time she would try to look for something like his feet, he would turn around to make sure that she knew he was a boy! Let's just say... Daddy is already proud of his son!


I felt him move for the first time on September 5th, and Daddy felt him move for the first time last night! He is the most active when I lay down at night. So far, I have had a great pregnancy. I am starting to get a definite baby bump, and my regular clothes are starting to get too tight! Now, it's time to decide on a name! If you have any good ideas, please send them our way!

11 comments:

Tina said...

Hooray for another little boy!!! I am so excited about having another male to carry on the Gapen name!
Reed and you did a great job on the cookies! My crew thought ours was delicious! Thanks for thinking of us.
I am so happy for all of you! Love you

PS I've already been thinking of names. Just not getting very far. :(

laurawh said...

How stinking cute! You are so creative! And how awesome 2 little boys to be life friends! Awesome!

The Simpsons said...

We are so excited for yall. Thanks Reed for the yummy cookie.. your picky cousin Katelyn loved it. Can't wait to hear when yall come up with a name. See you this weekend.

Love ya

Ashley Pollan said...

Baby bump??...I didn't see a baby bump this weekend. You looked GREAT!! Congrats again!! Loved the cookies btw.

THE CHITTOMS said...

CONGRATS on the baby boy :)! I can tell you that you will LOVE having two baby boys!!! I also love the cookies... you are too creative! And I can only imagine how proud Chris was of the new little guy... it will give he and Eddie something to talk about! Let's all get together soon!

LT (and Max) said...

that's so great! you and candy couldn't have planned your lives any better!
congrats!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy and proud. What they won't think up to do. They will keep you busy, two of everything, fishermen, ball players and then, their personalities will probably be completely different
love all of you

Aunt Trish said...

Congrats again! All of us are excited for another boy (especially Easton). I'll be thinking of names. Love You!

m.e. said...

Good luck with deciding a name. I know whatever y'all come up with will be perfect! We are so very excited about seeing y'all...it's almost here. Miss and love you all.

The Robertsons said...

You are way too creative! I finally made a post. Can't wait to hang out this week. I really need a friend right now.

Alison said...

Congrats on Baby Boy Gapen #2!