Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Reed's 1st Day of School

Okay...really, it is just Parent's Day Out,
but he has never gone to anything like this before.
We have been so fortunate to have Ms. Maria keep
Reed at her house. The only time he has been in
this type of environment is during Church Nursery.

We decided to put him in PDO on Tuesdays &
Thursdays to help him adjust to being around more
kids. He will still go to Ms. Maria's house on Mondays,
Wednesdays, and Fridays.

Today was his first day, and he did much better
than we expected. Last night, we talked all about
him going to school, so this morning, he was excited
about going to school...until we had to get in the car!

He wanted to stay home and play with his toys.

He had to take Angus & Bolt (his two dogs) with him.
I had to put this picture on here. This was me trying
to take his paci away before going into PDO.
We are going to have a hard time getting rid of that thing!


I will keep you updated on how his first week of school goes. Daddy & I were both kind of sad when talking about all of this last night. Our little boy is growing up way too fast!

4 comments:

Tina said...

I'm so proud of you, Reed! You are such a big boy! I hope you enjoy going to school!

P.S. Call me tonight. You and I need to talk. Aunt Tina will buy you something special if you let me in on a secret.

Love you!

m.e. said...

Congratulations on your first day of school!

THE CHITTOMS said...

We hope Reed had a wonderful first day of school - he looked very handsome on his first day!

Anonymous said...

Telling you!!!!!!!!Two amazing happenings in ONE week. School and baby stuff. Your life is full. love you, aye