Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 12, 2009

HAPPY EASTER!

We hope everyone has had a wonderful Easter
because we sure did! We started our Easter
morning by going to church to celebrate the fact
that Jesus has RISEN! Our preacher delivered
a powerful message! Lala came up this morning
to go to church with us!

After church, we came home and went Easter
Egg Hunting. Reed has totally mastered hunting
for eggs. We then had a delicious steak for lunch.
After lunch, we dyed Easter eggs, and Reed had
way too much fun with the dye!

Our Easter Cake


The Easter Bunny was very good to Reed!

Check out all of the goodies!

Reed was so excited to see what all he got.

Of course, he went straight for all the balls.

It's Elmo!

Madagascar 2

An egg full of M & M's

Opening his Easter card

It's Elmo, Big Bird and Cookie Monster!

Opening an Easter card from Grammie!

He kept saying "chick, chick!" Thanks Grammie!
Here is a video of Reed going through his Easter bucket.
Lala brought Reed an Easter basket full of surprises.

Shaking the eggs to see if anything was in them.
There's something good at the bottom of the basket.
What is it?

It's a car! Thanks Lala!
Our little family

It's time to hunt for Easter eggs!

Reed would point to the eggs and say "I found it!"

He did really good finding the eggs. We only
had to help him on a couple of eggs.

Reed and Momma hunting for eggs.

He is now the master egg hunter.

It was so incredibly windy outside today.

After the first Easter egg hunt, Reed asked for
more eggs. He kept saying "More, More!"
So, we hid some more eggs. This next time around,
he held his own Easter bucket. What a big boy!
Trying to figure out which way was the best to
carry the bucket.

Off he goes on another hunt for eggs.

I found it all by myself!

There's one under the slide.

Here is a video of the big hunt:

Counting all the eggs

Time to dye Easter eggs. At first, I think Reed
thought he was supposed to drink the dye.

He thought it was a lot more fun to throw
the eggs into the cup of dye.

His first egg...He wasn't very careful, so we
had a couple of cracked eggs!

Momma showing him how to dip the egg carefully.

It didn't work! He went straight back to throwing
the eggs into the dye, which I must add went EVERYWHERE!

As you can tell, he didn't care. He would
just die out laughing.
Reed putting some camo stickers on the eggs.

We didn't quite finish decorating the eggs because
Reed decided he wanted to dye his hands instead.
I didn't get a picture of his green hand because I
was too busy trying to get all the dye cleaned up.
Let's just say that his entire hand was green, and
his fingernails are still tinted green!

Our finished product:

We hope everyone had a happy Easter and
remembered the true meaning of Easter.

1 Corinthians 15: 1-5
The Resurrection of Christ

1 Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve.


5 comments:

Alison said...

Happy Easter to you and your family! I love that bunny cake! Ben has that A-B-C Bible verses book that Reed got and really likes it - I hope Reed does too! He's too cute!

The Simpsons said...

He is a master egg hunter. The Easter Bunny was so good to him. He must have been a good boy!!
Love all the pictures and as usual you did a great job on the cake. Love ya

THE CHITTOMS said...

I am so glad y all had such a wonderful Easter!!! I love the pictures of you and Reed laughing when you were dying eggs! Enjoyed reading your blog this morning! Love y all!

Aunt Trish said...

I LOVE hearing Reed talk! It's too sweet. Glad yall had a good Easter. See you soon :)!

Tina said...

I could listen to Reed's sweet voice all day long! I love it!
I'm so glad y'all had such a wonderful Easter! Great post!