Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 5, 2009

EASTER EGG HUNT

Yesterday, we went to Cedar Hill Farms with
the Robertsons. Reed was super excited and
had so much fun. The boys got to pet a bunch
of animals, ride on a pony, watch a chicken show,
ride on a train, go for a hay ride, hunt
Easter eggs, and play on a playground.

Our little Easter bunny

Landon and Reed getting ready to ride
on the ponies.
When they started moving, Reed said,
"Ready, set, go!"

He was a natural!

What a big boy!

This is what the boys did just about the whole
time we were there...RUN!

Landon and Reed giving their moms a quick
photo opportunity. Chad had to get in the
action too!
In the chicken coop, they have a little chicken
show that the boys loved.

Here is a cute video from the chicken show:

Reed and Landon looking at the baby chicks.

Gobble, gobble!

This is a picture of Reed saying "Baa, baa" to the sheep.

Reed was brave and decided to feed a donkey.
This video is hilarious. Enjoy!

He thought it tickled when the donkey
would lick his hand.
Reed and Landon feeding the goats.

Choo! Choo!

Daddy and Reed going for a train ride
with Chad and Landon.


If you look closely, you can see Reed hanging
over the side of the train to watch the tires move!
(By the way, he is sitting in the caboose.)
Reed didn't want to sit on the Easter Bunny's lap
by himself, so Landon was a good sport and sat
beside Reed. Thanks Landon!
Sweet boys!

Momma and Reed waiting for the hay ride to start.

Once the tractor stopped, Reed had to get a closer
look at the tractor before going Easter Egg Hunting.
Time to hunt Easter Eggs!

Reed knew exactly what to do. He'd pick
up some eggs, then run over to me to put them
in his sack.
He has a big handful in this picture.

The eggs weren't exactly hidden...Can you tell?

Landon decided he would put some
eggs in Reed's bag too.
We were only supposed to pick up 12 eggs,
but Reed was having so much fun, that we
decided to let him pick up as many as he wanted.
On the way back to the tractor, Momma threw
all the extra eggs back on the ground.
Having a blast!

Seeing if there were any good eggs hiding over here.

Running back to the tractor...

Now, it was time to open the eggs to see
what goodies he got.

Trying to open an egg by himself.

While we were waiting for our lunch, Reed
got a little impatient, so Momma took him on
another pony ride.

He loved riding on the pony. I didn't think
I was going to be able to get him off the pony.
Clapping for a job well done!

Reed and Landon had so much fun playing
in the hay maze.


Reed thought it would be fun to run around
the top of the maze. He made probably 5-7 laps.

King of the Hay

Later that night, the Robertsons came over
to grill out. The boys played hard then decided
it would be fun to take a bath in the big bath tub.

Since it was about 9:15, we thought it was a good
idea to go ahead and give the little stinkers a bath.
Here is a video from the bath time fun:

I didn't have my video camera at first. Reed cut the jets on, and it scared Landon. Landon started screaming, and Reed just died out laughing. It was so funny! Of course, it turned into mega fun that had to be repeated over and over again.

Since the boys are naked in this video, I am only going to leave it posted for a few days. Enjoy!


7 comments:

The Simpsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Simpsons said...

Looks like yall had a blast!!! Love all the pictures. Can't wait to see yall again.

Tina said...

I loved the post! You did such a good job, I ALMOST felt like I was there with y'all! Those boys are so precious!

Anonymous said...

One thing about it, Reed enjoys to the fullest in anything he does. I love it. Life is bowl of cherries. You did an excellent job taking the pictures and ILOVE hearing the laugh. love youGrandmama

mary lee said...

I love the videos!! Chad looks super excited in the chicken show video! The bath tub video is the best!

THE CHITTOMS said...

Reed, I love the bathtub video, although I must admit it is much sweeter to watch with you; I love your little laugh!!! It looks like y all had such a wonderful time :)! Sweet little boys!

The Robertsons said...

I want the Easter bunny picture of the two of them. We had so much fun! The video is awesome:)