This morning, Daddy & I went to Reed's Christmas Program and Party. He was so excited to see us there. He'd wave to me every time he saw me. The program started at 10, and I got there at 9 to save us seats. All of the kids came in at 9:15, and it took them 45 minutes to get the kids seated on the stage. I was impressed by how well behaved all of the kids were during the set-up.
Reed waiting to go on stage.

Reed, Jax & Gavin waiting for the program to start.

Reed with his Angel costume on.

The first few songs, I don't think any kids from the 3k classes sang.

By the middle of the program, Reed was bored. Can you tell?

Finally, Reed was done! He takes after his Mommy in this picture. He cried during the last two songs. The girl with the long blonde hair goes to our Church. Her name is Emma. She was so sweet because she kept leaning down and checking on Reed. Finally, she said, "Ms. Susan, Reed wants his Mommy!"
Sitting in the crowd watching him cry for Mommy and not being able to go get him was so hard for me!

Reed was still crying at the party. Once he saw us, he stopped crying.

Working on his bag for his Reindeer food.

He had fun putting all the goodies in his bag.

Putting some Oatmeal in the bag for the Reindeer.

Waiting on his plate of food.

Signing a frame for Ms. Susan.

Singing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus.

Enjoying some yummy food.

Having a conversation with Daddy.

He could see the hunger on Daddy's face, so he decided to share his chicken with Daddy.

Bear hug from Daddy.

Next, they played pin the Red Nose on the reindeer. Reed went first. They had a really hard time keeping the scarf on his head.

Spinning Reed around...

He was so close...

Then, they discovered he could still see!

Reed built this and said it was a manger. He grabbed the baby bottle, put it in the manger and said, "Look Mommy! It's Baby Jesus!"

Playing with the blocks.

Gavin & Reed trying to build something.

Waiting to give Ms. Susan her Christmas present.
(The girl behind Reed is Bess. She is the only girl in his class that Reed talks about, but Mary Abbott still has his heart!)

Giving Ms. Susan her present.

Watching her open it.

Short video of the kids singing. Reed sang the first verse or two of this song, then he quit.
4 comments:
Boy, is Reed ever a carbon copy of his mama! I, too, would sit in the audience and hurt while Erin cried for her momma... thank goodness you finally outgrew that. Lala loves her hernando family!
I never saw anyone look so hungry!! Thank goodness Reed shared his chicken before his daddy ate the plate. I think he did really well to last as long as he did. Preston's first program lasted 2 minutes
Grandmama
OK, so I had to go back. Didn't recognize the beautiful brown haired (teacher, I thought) but when I couldn't find my brownhaired granddaughter I went back to find her. I like, I like. love Grandmama
OMG... I bet it broke your heart to sit in the crowd. Even though he got upset, it looks like a great time. He is SUCH a handome little dude!
Post a Comment