Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter 2010

Easter Sunday, we had french toast and bacon for breakfast. Reed couldn't wait to see what the Easter Bunny brought him. So, we let the boys go through their Easter baskets. Then, we got ready for Church. Chase stayed with us during Church, and he did so good. He actually stayed awake the whole time. He enjoyed looking at the lights during the sermon. Reed went on an Easter Egg Hunt during Church, and when the kids came back in, we heard Reed crying. We knew then, it was time for us to leave. Thankfully, it was during the last song.

Reed's Easter Basket

Chase's Easter Basket
Reed was dressed as Spider-Man, so he was excited when he found the Spider-Man book.

Looking at his new Toy Story 2 DVD.

Reading his new book.
Seeing what else is inside his basket.

Reed helped Chase go through his goodies too.

Daddy helping Chase.

Looking at his new pacifiers.


Chase looking at his book.

Chase all dressed up and ready for Church.

I had to trick Reed into looking at the camera.
When we got home from Church, we started to cook lunch. We are so glad that Gran was able to join us for lunch. After lunch, we hunted eggs, dyed eggs and ate cake!

It took Reed a few minutes to get into hunting the eggs. He's been on several egg hunts last week, so I think he was a little burned out.

There were eggs everywhere.

Getting an egg by the tree. He was funny because he had to stop and open the first 3 or 4 eggs that he picked up. He would open them, then eat the candy that was inside.

He started getting excited about finding the last few eggs.

Love that smile!

Eating more candy.

The hunt is over!

Time for ice cream! We have an Ice Cream Man that comes through our subdivision during the weekends, and Reed knows when he's coming. He'll hear the music and get so excited. We were on the back porch and heard the Ice Cream Man coming. Reed said "It's the Ice Cream Man! We better hurry!"

Gran went with Reed to meet the Ice Cream Man. Reed waving to him.

Reed gets so excited. He gets the same thing every time...SPIDER-MAN! It kills us because he doesn't even want the ice cream. He just eats the eyes, which are small gumballs.

Now, it was time to dye eggs.

This year, we made Toy Story eggs. So of course, Reed had to get into character.

I let Reed do everything by himself. We were outside, so it didn't matter if he made a mess.

I would measure the amount of vinegar, and he'd pour it into the cups.

Then, we'd both put the eggs in the dye.

Gran showed Reed how to check the eggs, and he was very careful.

Reed being silly! He has so much hair!

I wish that I would have had my video camera outside because Reed was so funny. He found his reflection in the pot and had so much fun with it. He would look at it and say "There's Reed! Look! My head is big!" He did this for several minutes and would just die out laughing at himself.
Chase finally woke up from his long afternoon nap. Reed had to give him some love while Gran was feeding him.

Gran & Chase

Putting the Toy Story 2 stickers on the eggs.
We had such a wonderful day with both of our precious boys!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Cool stuff! I love the pic of Chase in his precious outfit, and I love the pics of Reed in the playhouse.
Glad you guys had a wonderful Easter!

THE CHITTOMS said...

The Easter bunny was good to the Gapen boys... their baskets are so cute :)!

I love Chase's precious smile and outfit. Reed seems to be a master at hunting eggs and I loved watching him go after the ice cream truck. I am glad you guys had a great day!

Anonymous said...

These pictures were especially precious to me. When he was looking directly at the camera, I felt like he was looking at me. It is such a blessing for me that you take the time to put them on a blog so I can keep up with their growth. Beautiful little boys.