Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 4, 2010

Chase Update

We received an excellent report on Chase today! He's gained weight! Praise the Lord! I had another ultrasound this morning to check his weight and fluid level. Today, he weighed 5 lbs 8 ozs. Two weeks ago, he weighed 4 lbs 3 ozs. His weight this week puts him in the 50th percentile. My fluid level was 9 last week and 11 this week.

His bloodflow through the umbilical cord is great, and his heartbeat is strong. Overall, my doctor was very pleased with today's ultrasound. She said that the ultrasounds are just an estimate and vary from day to day. Therefore, she has ordered one more ultrasound for January 14th to double check his weight and my fluid level. She said that he's a growing, healthy little boy.

God is so good! Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

9 comments:

The Simpsons said...

YAY!!! So happy that Baby Chase is growing. Keep up the good work Momma.. keep drinking that yummy water.

THE CHITTOMS said...

That is such great news!!! Way to go Baby Chase and Momma :)!

We love y'all,

The Chittoms

m.e. said...

It is so amazing how things can change with the power of prayer. We are so grateful and thankful everything with you and Chase are healthy. Hang in there, 5 weeks left!

Alison said...

Yay! So glad to hear your good news!

Aunt Trish said...

Great news!! I've been anxious to hear all day. :)

Anonymous said...

God is so good. It is going to be wonderful to love on that little fella. I hope I can be there. love, Grandmama

Tina said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!! Go Chase! Go Momma! I'm so proud of you both!!! Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to love on Chase!!!
Lala

mary lee said...

Glad to hear everything is good!! I have been a slacker on blog stalking and just caught up on everything. I will be praying for y'all!