Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 1, 2009

Momma's Birthday Celebration

Memorial Day, we went to Duncan to start
off my birthday celebration. We had a
delicious lunch and a very yummy cake!
Joni made me an ice cream cake with
chocolate covered strawberries.

As soon as Reed discovered the pool, he was
determined to get in it. Thank goodness, Uncle
Jack was with us. He was brave and got
in the COLD water with Reed. Eventually,
Daddy joined in on the chilly fun!

Reed in his wet suit and ready to jump in!

Uncle Jack catching our little dare-devil.

When Uncle Jack jumped off the diving board,
then of course, Reed thought he had to do the same.
Daddy got on a float, so he could catch Reed.
However, Reed didn't actually jump. He
basically just crawled onto the float with Daddy.

Didi, Reed, & Daddy


We finally convinced Reed to get out of the pool
and go ride four-wheelers. Reed and I had
a big time on the Polaris! He thought he was
driving the whole time.

Didi & Reed playing with the last puppy. We are very thankful the puppy had already found a home because that meant we didn't have to bring it home with us.

Unfortunately, I had to work on my birthday; however, Reed made my day when I got home. He gave me my birthday card and presents. Every time Daddy would tell Reed to say "Happy Birthday," he would just look up at me with a huge grin on his face and give me a big kiss! He did this several times, and I completely forgot about work!

Daddy surprised me with a Sally Chow cake! I am usually the one making the birthday cakes, so I don't usually get a cake on my birthday. This year, Daddy said he was going to make me a cake. Instead, he called Lala and asked her to get the lady, who made our wedding cake, to make me a birthday cake.

Lala and Mrs. Chow had a big time trying to decide what to put on the cake. For those that don't know, I loved He-Man when I was younger. I wasn't into Barbies and dolls. I would sit in the bath tub for hours and play with all of my He-Man figurines. So, they decided to give the cake a He-Man theme.
Lala & Grandmomma came over on my birthday
to grill out and eat cake. I was so glad that
Grandmomma was still in town for the big
birthday celebration. We miss you already!

Reed actually sang Happy Birthday to me.
It was one of the sweetest things I've ever heard.
He really did a great job singing. After he finished
singing, he said "I spoon!" He was ready to dig
into the cake.

Helping Momma blow out the candles.
He was one excited little boy.
Do you think he likes cake?

He was pointing to his Momma in the bathtub.

He wanted to dig straight into the whole cake
but settled for a piece of the cake instead.

Taking a big bite!

The cake was so delicious that we had to take it
with us to the beach. We just about ate the whole cake!

4 comments:

THE CHITTOMS said...

That is such a sweet little boy to sing happy birthday to his momma :)... I know you will treasure that memory! I am so glad you had such a great one!!!

m.e. said...

i remeber he-man. y'all had everything...castle grey skull, he-man, cringer, orko and all of those other characters. we would pretend he man and shera were boyfriend and girlfriend. sally chow cake sounds divine right about now!

Tina said...

How sweeeeeet!!! I'm glad that little angel helped make your birthday a great one! You completely deserve it! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Yes He-man girl. I was soooo happy to be there to celebrate your birthday with you. I thought Reed was so special singing and I believe he actually carried a tune. This time it was cute that he didn't think it was his birthday. It was a precious, wonderful time. love, aye , Grandmama