Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Reed's new obsession...FISH!

We went to Nashville on Friday for a rehearsal
dinner. Reed was all dressed up, so I had to
take a few snap shots of our cute little man.
The first few pictures didn't turn out great
because my camera was on a certain setting,
and I didn't know it. However, they were too
cute not to post.
Asking where were Lala and Grandmomma.

He didn't pose for long. He was up and running.

I love this picture.

Once I realized my camera was messed up,
I tried to recreate the first few pictures.
Didn't happen...
These pictures were taken on Vanderbilt's campus.
He was walking on the stones of the prayer circle.

After the rehearsal dinner, we went back to the
hotel and rented Mickey Mouse. He was a happy
little camper.
Well, a few weeks ago, we learned that Reed could
crawl out of his pack-n-play and his crib! He's
never really wanted to crawl out of his crib until now!

Mother's Day weekend, we were in
Booneville, and Reed decided to throw a fit.
So, I went in Jack's room and put him in his
pack-n-play for time-out. About 2 minutes later,
Jack's bedroom door opened, and Reed came
running out with a huge smile on his sweet face.
Needless to say, he's been crawling out ever since.
Here he is in action:
He is so proud of himself.

Coming down the side...

He made it!

Here he is crawling back into the pack-n-play.
Check out those black feet!

Our hotel room had a view of the pool, and
Reed was dying to get in it. He kept going to
the door and saying "I want water!"
Unfortunately, the pool was closed, but daddy came
to the rescue! He called the front desk and got
permission for us to go to the other Marriott's indoor pool!
We had one excited little boy!
He went straight to jumping in the water.

We've been working with him on kicking in
the bath tub. He did really good kicking in the pool.

He loved every minute of being in the water.

Getting brave and walking to the 4th step!

Our little fish in the water

On the fourth step again...

Saturday afternoon, we went to the coolest
restaurant. It is called the Aquarium. Fish
were everywhere. Reed found fish that looked
just like Nemo & Dori! He would point
them out to us.
He was super excited!

Pointing to all of the cool fish.

There were stingrays, all kinds of fish, sharks,
and a huge, yellow eel.

Telling Momma that there were "big fish."

Look at that huge fish!

There's a shark! Notice Reed's grip on Lala's
arm. Whenever he'd see a shark, he'd say
"Shark scary," or he would jump!
Lala & Reed enjoying the scenery.

Reed dying out laughing. Needless to say,
Reed's new obsession is fish! That is just
about all he talks about. He's had to take
two baths just so he could play with all of his fish.

After lunch, Reed & Daddy rode the carousel.

Riding it all by himself. What a big boy!

Having so much fun!

Reed loves to watch it move up and down.

They also had this place where you could feed
the stingrays. Reed was a little scared to
feed them, so he just watched his Daddy do it.
Looking closely at all the stingrays.

Daddy & Reed

See the stingray?

Reed walking by the stingrays as they swam.

Daddy & Reed playing.

Lala, Reed, & a shark! Reed kept saying
"Scary shark!" I love the way he is looking
at that shark.
We had a wonderful time!

5 comments:

THE CHITTOMS said...

What a little heartbreaker - I love his outfit!!! The Rainforest Cafe is so much fun... I am so glad you guys had such a wonderful time! It looks like he will be swimming like a little fish before long!!!

Tina said...

Love the post! Glad y'all had a great time.
I love:
~his linen(?) outfit
~walking on the stones
~"shark scary"
~big fish photo
~Reed & Lala sitting on the floor looking at fish pic - You can see his reflection in the glass - I love that big grin!
~our little engineer watching the carousel
~YOU! Happy birthday, Momma!

Anonymous said...

Just wonderful to revisit all the places where such happy memories have been made. All the pictures were great. love, aye, Grandmama

m.e. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
m.e. said...

The restuarant looks really interesting. Reed walking on the stones is a sweet picture. Very cute little man.