Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 22, 2009

I WANT POTTY!

This morning, Reed woke up with a runny nose.
Unfortunately, it continued to run throughout
the day. We were upstairs playing with his
cars, and I went into the bathroom to get him
a Kleenex. He came running in the bathroom
behind me and said "I want potty!"

So, I said, "Do you need to go potty?"
He smiled and ran to the potty.
I pulled his pants off just as fast as
I could and put him on the potty.

As he was sitting on the potty, I sat there
thinking 'I can't believe he just told me
he wanted to go potty. If he actually goes...'
And then, he started peeing in the potty!

Our little boy is growing up so fast. He
actually asked to use the potty! I couldn't
believe it. We cheered big time!

Every time he uses the potty, he gets
rewarded with Starburst Jelly Beans, which
he absolutely adores! He usually gets one
handful, but tonight, he got TWO!

4 comments:

Caroline Buntz said...

I can't believe that you didn't have to go through many false alarms, take weeks to 'TRAIN' him, he just decides "I want potty". Truly amazing. And at such a tender age. I am so proud of him. Grammie

Tina said...

Congratulations on such a big achievement! That is wonderful! I am so proud of Reed! He must take after his aunt.

Aunt Trish said...

Good Job Reed!! I'm so proud of you. You are growing up so fast. Love You!

The Robertsons said...

I am extremely jealous. Do you think Reed can give Landon some pointers?