Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"I'M BUSY!"

Reed has been a busy boy this week.
He has been playing so hard at Mrs. Maria's.
I had to wake him up at 8:20 this morning,
so I could make it to work on time!
Below are some pictures from this week:

Reed LOVES his bear. He has to take it
with him every day.

Yesterday, Reed got some mail from Gran!
He was so excited and couldn't wait to open it!

Whoa!
Later that afternoon, Candy & Landon came
over to play and eat supper with us.
The boys had a big time!
In this picture, they were both yelling
or should I say screeching at the top
of their lungs!!!
Landon & Reed having a sword fight
with their forks and spoons!

Who knew you could have so much fun
with silverware.

Tonight, Lala came to visit. While she was here,
we introduced Reed to Momma's favorite clock.

He thought it was so cool. He would press the
button to make the face of the clock come apart
and play music. He kept asking for "More...More!"
He was working both Lala and Momma for
more clock!
He was completely mesmerized by this clock!

Now, for the title of this posting...
Around 8:20 tonight, Reed was downstairs
playing with his remote control car.
He had really been working with that car.

He would drive it to one part of the room,
then run over to it and pick it up.
Then, he'd set it down somewhere else
and drive it some more.
He did this for about 15 minutes or more.

Since it was 8:20, I asked Reed if he
was ready to go get a bath, and this
was his response....
"Ummm...I'm busy!"
It was as clear as day!

Lala and I just looked at each other.
So, to make sure that I heard him right,
I asked him again if he wanted
to go get in the bath, and he said again
"I'm busy!"
I just thought that story was too cute not
to share with everyone!


5 comments:

Alison said...

that story is so cute... i love that reed and landon are getting to grow up w/ each other!

Tina said...

Do you have any idea how much I love your child?!!
I can't wait to see y'all this weekend! I hope Reed is not too BUSY to hang out with us. ; )

Tell Reed that forks are a lot more manly than spoons. He might be able to win the next battle with Landon if he intimidates him with a fork.

I hope you are feeling better. I'm glad Lala is there to help out with your busy little man. Love you bunches!

JD, Anna, Georgia, Sumner and Smokey said...

He is too precious! Your mama loves him to death! It's hard to believe we are mamas. I don't know what we would do without our sweet children. We'll keep you posted.

Love,
Anna

Ashley said...

So cute... it's so amazing that one week you can't understand anything they are saying and the next week they amaze you with what all they know. My little one never shuts up anymore:)

Caroline Buntz said...

Well, I finally got on the comment list. Reed, when we are busy we just don't want to be bothered, do we? You keep up the good work and send me more kisses. I love them. Grammie.