Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

COPY CAT

Yesterday, Reed decided it would be fun to copy
some of the things his Momma was doing and saying.

Reed and I were in his room playing, and Daddy was
in the kitchen. Daddy asked me a question, and I
said "Ummmm." Then, Reed said "Ummmm."
Reed thought it was so funny, so he kept saying it!

I have been battling a sore throat this weekend, so
I kept clearing my throat. Every time I would clear
my throat, Reed would do it too. Then, he'd look
at me with a big grin. It was too cute!

Later that afternoon, Daddy was talking to me,
and I said "Oh. Okay!" Well, Reed didn't
miss a beat and said "Oh. Okay!" We laughed
so hard at him copying me!

We also went pee pee in the potty again this weekend!
We still have a long way to go, but we are definitely
making progress.

Reed is learning how to spell his name. One of his favorite
things to do is play in his crib. He loves to get either
Momma or Daddy to get in the crib with him.
Above his crib are wooden letters that spell his name.
Well, we have been working on spelling his name.
Yesterday, I was changing his diaper, and he
was looking at the letters. He said "E...E...E...D!"
He can say "R", but for some reason,
he leaves the 'R' off and says and extra 'E.'

2 comments:

Aunt Trish said...

That's so sweet! He is definitely growing up way to fast. I was always told that when I was little about time flying, but not until I became a mother did I believe it! Time definitely flies by. Reed is too sweet!

Tina said...

I absolutely love it! Sweet child.
He's going to keep everyone on their toes now. Better watch what you say around that fellow. ; )

Can you please post a picture of Momma and/or Daddy in the crib with Reed? I would love to see it, and I'm sure others would, too. Ha! Love y'all!