Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

TRIP TO THE DELTA

Reed and I went to the Delta on Friday to stay
with Lala. We went out to eat at my favorite
place...Crawdad's! It was so delicious! Reed enjoyed
my steak, and I did too!

Lala & Reed

I loved Reed's outfit, so I had to take some pictures.
He looked like his daddy!
Saturday morning, we went to the Clarksdale Airport
because they were hosting an Airport Day.

They had a bunch of different planes on display.
We decided to take Reed since he loves pointing
to all the planes that fly over our house.

This plane was loud when it landed, so Reed held on tight to Lala.
The cool part is that you could pay $15 and go for an airplane ride around Clarksdale, so we did it! Reed got to go on his first airplane ride. It was the smallest plane that I have ever been in too!


Reed and Momma getting in the airplane

Reed wasn't quite sure what to think at first, but he did so good!

Preparing for take-off

Once we started moving, Reed put his hands on my arms, and they stayed there for the whole ride.
There we go! I held Reed up, so he could look out the window. I am not sure if he understood what we were doing or not, but he acted like he did.
Reed and I landing...
Whew...we made it back to the ground safely!
Reed never cried until we got off the airplane. I had to hand him to some guy, and the idiot just set him on the ground by the loud plane. Reed let him know that he didn't appreciate that!

After we left the airport, Reed and I headed to Cleveland for Landry's 1st birthday party. Below is a picture of Reed, Landry, and Aunt Skip

Aunt Skip was spoiling them rotten! She learned really fast that she could hold both of them as long as she let them watch Mr. Moose on the computer. They were both dancing and clapping. Too cute!
It's present time. Poor Reed was dying to help Landry open her presents, but his Momma wouldn't let him!
Reed checking everything out!
Landry wasn't quite sure what to think about the cake. I think she was just too busy posing for pictures. She did get a few bites of cake but didn't make a big mess. I think her Momma and Daddy ended up with all the icing on them!
We had a wonderful time being home. Thanks Lala for taking us to Crawdad's and for taking us to the airport!



3 comments:

Tina said...

SUPER POST!!!

That plane ride is the coolest thing ever!!! I'm so glad you got pictures! You need to do a mini scrapbook on those. That's just too cool!
Reed sure looked sharp at Crawdad's! I can't get over how much he's growing. Slow down, Buddy!

P.S. Landry is gorgeous!!

Aunt Trish said...

The plane ride was definitely neat! Tell Reed that he has done something that none of us has done before. You can tell that we haven't been many places. I hate that we missed ya'll yesterday. I didn't know that you were in town until later last night. It seems that we never know that ya'll are here. Anyway maybe we'll see you next time. Love Yall!

Anonymous said...

One more exciting thing done and so many more are waiting for you. It will be so fun when you fly over here for New Year's in a big plane, We'll all come out to meet you. We'll have more fun. Grammie and sending bunches of OOO&XXXX's