Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A DAY AT THE ZOO!

On Monday, we went to the Zoo
with Candy, her nieces, & Landon.
We had a great time
and saw a lot of animals
that we didn't see on Reed's
1st trip to the Zoo.
Reed and I were worn
out at the end of the day,
but it was definitely worth it!
We started off with the Lions
and Tigers, but they were
pretty boring considering
it was nap time. So, we
then headed to the barnyard
animals. They were a big
hit! When we first got to
the barn area, about 3 or 4
chick, chicks (as Landon
called them) came up to us.
To be honest, they kind of
creeped me out. I was afraid
they were going to start running
toward us and start pecking!
Reed loved them...as you can see...

Reed tried his best to touch them.

Reed & Landon checking out the goats.

Trying to pet the Donkey,
which they finally accomplished.

Reed trying to pet the Donkey again.

Landon & Reed riding the cow.
(Check out Landon's arms around
Reed...aren't they sweet!)
Reed inside an egg.

He's such a good sport!

Taking some time to pose for
a few pictures...humoring the mom!

Landon pulling Reed in the wagon.

Reed found out very fast that the
bench was hot. He didn't put his
hands back on the bench again.
He's so smart!
Another photo opportunity...

Reed & Landon watching the Panda
eat its lunch! Reed was so funny
because he'd point to all of the animals.
I love the way this Panda was sitting.

Peek-a-boo

I thought this turned out to be a cute picture.
We worked hard for it! We were making
so much noise trying to get the boys to
both look at the camera!
Reed doing his Famous Lion Roar!

One of the Polar Bears playing with a ball.
I must admit...I loved watching the polar bears.
I keep hearing about how we need to save the
polar bears from Global Warming, and now,
I know why! They are incredible to watch.
Reed and Landon enjoyed them too!
Watching the Polar Bear swim.
They would swim right past the glass,
then push off with their paws.
Reed watching a sea lion.

Candy and I felt bad for this
sea lion because a little boy
kept putting his gum on the
glass moving it up and down.
The sea lion followed it everywhere.
Reed thought it was entertaining though.
Loved this pic!

Thanks Candy for a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Tina said...

How FUN!!
I love Reed pointing at the animals, both boys posing for the camera, and of course, Reed roaring!
It looks like they both had a blast! My favorite is the horse pic - They are so sweet!

The Robertsons said...

It was so much fun! I am glad y'all went with us.