Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4TH OF JULY WEEKEND & A LOT OF FUN!

We had a wonderful 4th of July
weekend. On the 4th, we went
to Duncan to play in the pool!
I am very happy to report that
Reed LOVES the pool now!
He loved being thrown in the air
and jumping off the side into our
arms. He also played in his float.
That night, we went out to eat with
Uncle Benjie & Aunt Tina. Afterwards,
we rushed to Snowden Grove to see
the fireworks show, which was
pretty awesome!
Reed actually watched the fireworks.
He even stayed on the blanket just
about the entire time!
It was a wonderful day
and a PERFECT night!
Thanks Uncle Benjie & Aunt Tina
for coming to play with us!
Here are some pictures from the holiday weekend:
Reed throwing a water ball.
Taking a break from the sun
and reading a book with Gran.
Reed did such a good job
stacking the rings.
He had never done that before
at our house, and he knew what to do!
He clapped everytime he put a
ring on there. He was so proud of himself,
and we were proud of him too!
Trying on Mommy's tennis shoes.
He couldn't figure out why they wouldn't
stay on his feet!
Playing with Daddy in the pool.

Going down the slide head first...

Daddy is so much fun!

I didn't think I'd ever get either one of them
out of that pool!

Trying to warm up...
the water from the hose is cold!

Check out my tail.

His serious look...

I'd like to say he was doing
his lion roar that he loves to do,
but he wasn't...
Trying out Daddy's new toy!
He's the cutest house keeper
I have ever seen!
Nani, this pic is just for you!
Reading a book before bed.
Well, should I say trying to read a book....

He's such a happy little boy!

Chris had to go out of town this week,
so Reed and I went to Duncan to spend
the night with Gran on Monday.
We played in the pool, played with toys,
ate chocolate pie and had a great time.
Tuesday, we went to spend the night
with Grandmomma and got to
eat Mexican! Reed stuck his
whole hand in the cheese dip, but
he liked it! Grandmomma
bought Reed a cool sprinkler toy,
and they had a blast playing with it.
We had such a great time!
Here are some pictures from this week:
Reed loved the water hose.
As you can see, he couldn't quit
playing in the water...

Chris loves drinking from the water hose.
As you can tell, Reed has learned how to
do it too, and it was obvious that he liked it!
Going for another drink...

Success!!!
Mmmmmm...as Reed likes to say
when he eats or drinks something
he likes!

Having a ball!

He pointed at the birds flying in the sky twice.

Who knew a water hose could be so much fun?

Play time with Grandmomma.

I'm glad Grandmomma was playing with
him in that water...it was cold!

Reed dropping the ball in the sprinker.
It would roll down then shoot out of the top.

Reed splashing Grandmomma...

This is so much fun Momma!

4 comments:

The Simpsons said...

love the new pictures. Reed needs to teach katelyn how to walk this weekend. Can't wait to see yall!

Tina said...

I can't believe you didn't mention anything about your delicious homemade ice cream!!

I love ALL of the pics, but my favorites are: the water hose pics, Reed in your tennis shoes, and the pic for Nani. Those are too precious!

Thanks for a very memorable weekend!
By the way, GREAT post! I'm impressed!

Aunt Trish said...

Reed is so cute! His hair looks like it keeps getting lighter & lighter. I need to get some pics of him this weekend. All of mine are older but I never have my camera with me. He is growing up so fast. See y'all Saturday!!

The Robertsons said...

I cannot wait to play in the new sprinkle toy! I love the lion robe.