Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What's the Sweetest Word?

MOMMA!!!

Chase finally said Momma and meant it! We've been trying to get him to say Momma for the longest time. His first word was Dada, which was only fair since Reed said Momma first.

The past few months, we've been saying "Chase, say Mama." He then would reply "Dada!" I was truly beginning to think he wasn't ever going to say Momma.

Well, he finally said it tonight! I had finished eating supper and went to the sink to clean up while Reed & Chase finished eating. While I was at the sink, Chase said what I thought sounded just like "Momma!" I thought to myself 'that sure sounded like Momma,' but I didn't say anything. Then, he said it again. This time, I knew he had said it and had meant to say it.

Reed said, "Momma, Chase just said Momma. Did you hear him?"
(Side note: Reed has been working with him to try to get him to say "Momma" too, so he wanted to make sure that I heard it!)

We all clapped and cheered! We headed upstairs to play, and Chase said "Momma" on several occasions (and yes, my heart melted every time!) At one point, he crawled up to me and held his arms out saying "Momamomamoma!"

Needless to say, I am going to bed as one proud and super happy Momma!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!! You still haven't posted that he said Lala!!! And he looked right at me and said it several times!!! And YOU heard him!! Very very very smart little man! Can't wait to see you tonight...Lala

THE CHITTOMS said...

There is not sweeter sound than hearing a little angel say momma for the first time :). Loved the sweet story!

Anonymous said...

I bet he has been practicing saying momma for a little while but couldn't say it until the right time. He is on his way and soon you will have two little chatterboxes asking questions, questions. Now all he has to do is put grand in front and he's got it. love yall

m.e. said...

So sweet.