Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Reed's 1st Field Trip

Last Wednesday, I took off work to go with Reed on his first field trip. We went to Cedar Hill Farms. He was so excited about going to the pumpkin patch. He'd ask me every day if we were going to the pumpkin patch today. The night before the field trip, I told him that when he wakes up, it will be time for the pumpkin patch. So naturally, he woke up so excited!

Gavin & Ms. Meredith rode with us to the pumpkin patch. We had to attempt to get a picture of the boys in their HBK shirts before meeting up with their class.

Reed & Gavin checking out the tractors while waiting for the rest of their classmates to arrive.

Going for a pony ride, which he loved.

Smiling big for the camera!

His favorite part...the hay ride to the pumpkin patch.
Going through the corn maze. As much as we've been to CHF, we've never done the maze before.

We finally made it to the pumpkin patch. The boys wanted the big pumpkins but had trouble picking them up.

So, Reed took off and headed towards the pie pumpkins.

He picked up one that he thought he wanted, but he changed his mind when he found one with a funny shaped stem.

Telling me that this is the pumpkin he wants...

Reed & Gavin with their pumpkins.

Playing on the pirate ship.

Back on the hay ride and headed to the playground.

Reed's teacher, Ms. Susan, wanted to get a picture of all of her students. We were missing one little boy. Reed wanted to play with the pumpkins, so I handed him a small pumpkin & told him he could hold it during the picture as long as he promised to smile big. Well....let's just say I started something. I ended up giving every kid a pumpkin to hold for the picture, but it made for a cute picture...right?

While the parents were taking pictures, Ms. Susan had the class tell her how many fingers she was holding up. If you look closely in the picture above and below, you will see Reed counting with her.

One big grin for his Momma...

We ended the day at the playground. Reed loved digging in the dirt and was filthy when we left. The boy next to Reed is Jake. Reed comes home talking about Jake a lot, so I take it they are big buds.

I was so glad that I was able to go on Reed's first field trip. It was a perfect day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful wonderful wonderful!! Lala's big boy is growing up. I am so glad you were able to share in it with him! Lala LOVES HER BOYS!!!! And their parents? LOL

Anonymous said...

I kept checking every day to see if the blog had been changed. I have gone thru both of them and was fascinated
Will go back later and look at them enlarged. My favorite thing to do..........Grandmama

THE CHITTOMS said...

The pictures are so precious! I love the one where Reed was counting with his teacher. This must have been such a great experience going on his FIRST field trip with him :)!