Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy 8 Month Birthday, Chase!

Chase turned 8 months old today and what an amazing 8 months it has been. He's grown so much and is into everything. He's mastered crawling the real way and pulling up. He is trying his best to keep up with Reed.

He even started cruising a few days ago. Reed was in the bath tub the other night, and Chase couldn't stand it. He had to stand up and hold onto the side of the tub, so he could watch his brother. Next thing I know, he starts cruising along the side of the tub. Every once in a while, he would turn back to look at me and grin.

So far, he's not a huge fan of puffs. He loves to feel different textures, so he enjoys feeling them. He is definitely in the stage where it's fun to drop food and toys. The other day, he was in his high chair playing with his puffs. He would drop one over the side and watch it hit the floor, then he would look up at me and laugh!

He's developing quite the little personality. He usually always smiling, unless you take a toy or his juice cup away. You can already tell he's going to be a spitfire.

Since it is October, I made him a pumpkin cake.


All I had to do was set the cake on the table, and he crawled over and pulled up, so he could check it out.


Laughing because he knows it's something good...

Getting excited because he put three fingers in the icing.

The "look" that I get all of the time!

Sticking his fingers back into the cake.

He hasn't tasted the icing yet, but he's doing his best to reach the cake again.

The look of determination...

Success!

Going in for some more...

He got a big handful of icing that time and wasn't quite sure what to think.

Now, it's time for the good stuff.

Making a funny face...

Look at those hands.

He was a mess when it was all said and done. He had cake & icing everywhere, including his hair. He's a happy boy!

Some videos of the cake action:




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOOKS LIKE NOTHING IS GOING TO STOP THAT HAND TO MOUTH ACTION. HOW PRECIOUS. I THINK, HE DOESN'T MIND MESSY HANDS. LOVE, Y'ALL GRANDMAMA

THE CHITTOMS said...

Precious baby boy... I can't believe he is 8 months already! Also, that cake looked so good and Chase seemed to really enjoy it. I need to come and love on him sometime very soon :).

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I believe he would lick the tray if you gave him a chance. I love the way he twirls his feet when he is concentrating on eating...Lala love her Chase and Reed!