Sunday, we celebrated Reed's 3rd birthday with a John Deere themed party. The weather was not looking good at all for Sunday because they had been calling for a 100% chance of rain all week. The tornado sirens were going off when we were going to bed Saturday night, but I hoped and prayed for beautiful weather on Sunday. We woke up Sunday morning, and it was raining outside. We went on ahead and got the hay & John Deere tractor for the hay ride just in case it quit raining. Around 1:00, the clouds cleared away, and the sun started shining! GOD IS SO GOOD! The weather was perfect!
Reed's birthday cake

I went to pick up the cake Saturday night, and when I got home, Reed was sound asleep. So, Sunday morning was the first time he saw his cake. As soon as he saw it, he said, "It's a John Deere tractor!" Mandy did an amazing job on his cake. It was perfect! Thanks Mandy!
Reed had to crawl on top of the counter, so he could look at the whole thing.
Lexi holding Chase for the first time.
Uncle Joe holding Chase for the first time.
Our sweet neighbor, David, let us borrow a John Deere tractor and some hay. He even brought Reed a birthday surprise, which he loved.
Reed was so excited to see the tractor.
Climbing inside to check it out.
Our John Deere Boy
He had been waiting for this day all week. Every day, he would ask me when he was going to have his John Deere party.
A look at some of the decorations:



Chase dressed for the party in his John Deere outfit.
Nani & Chase
Candy's mom & Charlie
Reed & Landon had so much fun playing together.
Reed, Gavin & Landon checking out the BIG JOHN DEERE TRACTOR! (I have it written in all caps because that's how Reed says it!)
Chase tried his best to stay up and party, but he ended up sleeping for most of it.
I walked outside to find Reed peeing in the swimming area of the bouncer...lovely!
I had to get this picture. Knox was wearing a John Deere t-shirt even though his Daddy works at CAT. We were so proud!
Aunt Tina playing with Chase.
Time for the Hay Ride!
(Pictured from left to right: Knox, Reed, Braylon, Landon, & Gavin)
Chase loved on Nana while we all went on the Hay Ride.
Getting ready to ride around our subdivision,
Mommy & Reed on the Hay Ride
There we go...
Didi did a great job driving the tractor. The big kids kept telling him to go faster.
Kelley, Landry & Gran
On our way back home
The kids seemed to enjoy the Hay Ride, so it was a success!
Reed couldn't wait to open his presents. After the Hay Ride, we went inside to do the cake; however, Reed ran straight to the presents and started opening them. I got tickled because he had to open every present from Pop & Nani first. I don't know if it was the Spider-man wrapping paper or if he somehow just knew that it was going to be something good.
It's an Iron Man!
Opening his present from Will & Carter.
The boys checking out the Buzz Lightyear bubble rocket from Landon.
Reed was so excited to see that he got the movie UP from Nana, Grandaddy & Uncle Jack.
Checking out the Buzz Lightyear Spaceship slip-n-slide from Mommy & Daddy.
Reed got so many fun presents. The whole present opening process was a bit stressful, so we didn't get to thank everyone individually. So, here's a BIG THANK YOU from Reed for all of his awesome presents. He's had so much fun playing with all of them. And yes, we've had to open all of them!
Time for CAKE!
Reed liked everyone singing to him.
Blowing out the candles
Eating some of the yummy cake.
After cake, the kids couldn't wait to check out some of Reed's presents. Reed, Landry, Landon, and Ella checking out the Buzz rocket and Iron Man. I love the fact that Ella went straight for the Iron Man. She's too funny!
Pinata Time
Gavin's turn

Katelyn's turn

Ella's turn

Knox's turn

Uncle Jack knocked out a little bit of candy.

And Lala finished it.

All of the kids grabbing candy.

Reed had fun spraying silly string on his cousin, Daniel.

Mary Elise getting some loving from Chase.

Brad had Reed & Landry laughing so hard. We are so glad that they were able to come to the party. It was great getting to see them!

Landry trying to get Reed's hair to stand up.

Reed & Landry reading his book about The Incredibles.

Landry holding Chase for the first time.

We had a wonderful birthday party. We are so thankful that we had such a wonderful group of family and friends come celebrate with us. The beautiful weather was the icing on the cake. Thanks again to everyone that was able to come celebrate with us. Reed told us that he had a great birthday party.
4 comments:
We had a blast at Reed's birthday party! Ella took a looooooooooong nap :) Thanks!
Great job on the post! You know I could comment for hours!
I still can't believe the weather turned out to be so beautiful! I'm so glad we all got to be a part of Reed's special day. It was definitely a great party!
Reed's party was so much fun. You are always so creative and you are such a wonderful hostess. Thanks so much for including us!
I am so sad that I missed this wonderful party. Every picture you took was perfect. I loved seeing how hard Reed and Landry were laughing. I do believe Chase enjoyed the party, too. He is so bright-eyed. The cake was spectacular . Thanks for posting so many Erin, I feel like I was there, except, for eating the cake. Bummer. love all of you, everybody. grandmama
Post a Comment