I went for my 28 week check-up on Monday. Unfortunately, that means that I had to drink the glucola for my glucose test. This pregnancy, they had me drink it at home, then get to the doctor's office within an hour to have my blood drawn. I thought this approach was better because I didn't have to sit in the waiting room for an hour. Things didn't quite go as planned.
It was raining Monday morning, which usually means traffic is going to be bad on I-240. So, I was smart and waited to drink the glucola in my car on the way to the doctor's office. Traffic was terrible. I was at a complete stand still twice. Blood work has to be done within an hour after you drink the glucola. I was stressing big time because I didn't think I was going to make it in time. I arrived 5 minutes before my hour was up. They rushed me back to the lab and drew my blood. What a relief!
The good news is that I think I passed the test. My doctor said that they would only call if I failed the test. I haven't heard anything yet, so I assume that means I passed! Our baby's heartbeat sounded great, and I am measuring good. I've gained 6 more pounds, which didn't make me very happy!
I've had a lot of back trouble with this pregnancy, which my doctor thinks is related to my fall while we were moving. She examined my back, then thought it would be best to send me to a back specialist. My doctor's appointment with the back specialist is scheduled for Monday, November 23rd at 1:45 pm. Hopefully, they will be able to give me some relief.
Everything else is running smoothly. We've yet to decide on a name. Right now, our favorite is Chase Rylan Gapen. We plan to decide on a name by December 1st, so I will keep you updated. My next appointment is in 3 weeks, and after that appointment, I start going every 2 weeks.
We are now in the third trimester!




5 comments:
I am so happy that you are doing well. Don't overdo it for Thanksgiving. Your Mom, Debbie and I can do the cooking. love you
I was beginning to wonder when you would post again.. Glad you passed the glucose test. Can't wait till you decide on a name. Keep us updated on your appt on monday. Love yall
Shelley
Love you, love the name (& initials!), and loved the report!
Glad to hear everything is going well.
I am so sorry to hear about your back and I hope a specialist can get you some relief soon!
I am glad to hear you and that sweet little boy are doing well!!! The name is ADORABLE! Will you call him Chase or Rylan?
Love and miss y all!!!
Post a Comment