Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

BIG BOY PANTS!

Reed wakes up every morning with a dry diaper.
Sometimes, he will wait 30-40 minutes before
he even wets his diaper. Well, this morning was
one of those mornings...

Since he hadn't wet his diaper yet, I kept asking him
if he needed to use the potty, and he kept saying "No!"
So, I thought what could I do to make him want to use
the potty. I tried the "If you use the big boy potty, you
get jelly beans!" He would say "beans" but no movement
towards the potty.

Then, I had this bright idea! Let's get Bear to use the
potty. So, I told Reed that Bear needed to use the potty.
I ran into his bathroom and put bear on the little potty.
I said "Look Reed, Bear is using the potty!" It didn't take
two seconds until Reed started to head to the potty!

SUCCESS!
Reed used the potty this morning!!! We made a huge
deal about both Reed and Bear using the potty. Both Reed
and Bear got to eat jelly beans! It was very exciting!

I told him that since he was such a big boy, he could wear
some big boy pants. This was the first time that he's
ever worn pull-ups. He wasn't quite sure what to think
at first until he noticed that Lightning McQueen was on
the front, which is very cool in his book!

About two minutes after wearing the big boy pants,
I hear Daddy say, "Reed, are you dirty?"
Oh...the joys of potty training!

4 comments:

Tina said...

Ha ha!! I loved the ending of the story! : )

You are so smart! I'm taking notes over here. Getting Bear to use the potty was a GREAT idea!

Caroline Buntz said...

So Reed, you are wearing big boy pants. What are you planning for your next big surprise. love,
Grammie

Anonymous said...

Great job Reed! We are so proud of you. XOXOXO

The Robertsons said...

Do you think I can get a car to go potty? That might be the only way to get Landon interested.