Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 3, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

We had a week full of fun Halloween activities.
Tuesday night, Chad, Candy, and Landon came
over to eat supper with us and carve pumpkins.
We had a wonderful time.

Reed and Landon 'crashing' into one another,
which they thought was hilarious!

Reed supervising Chad & Daddy while they
worked on the first pumpkin.

Reed and Landon didn't know what to think
of the pumpkin carving. They were more
interested in playing.

Reed pointing to the pumpkin seed pile.

Thursday night, we went to our Church's Fall Festival,
which meant we had an excuse to put on Reed's Halloween costume!


Reed getting ready for the Fall Festival

I'm so excited to be MICKEY MOUSE
or should I say "Me-Mou"

Reed didn't quite know what to think about the ears!

Reed following Momma and telling her to...

"Take these ears off!"


The ears came off, and the gloves went on; however...

he wanted to take those off too!
'This isn't funny Momma!"

Time to paint the nose!
He was such a good sport!

We arrived at the Church and tried our
best to get a picture of Reed & Landon together,
but it wasn't happening!
So, Tommy was a good sport and held the
boys for us.

Now, what we came for...the moon bounce!

Reed loved jumping in the moon bounce with Landon.
Neither one of them wanted to get out.

Daddy and Reed

Chris and I signed up to work our Connect class' booth
for thirty minutes during the fall festival, and Reed literally
played in the water the entire time!
He loved picking up the ducks
and throwing them back in the water.
He was soaked by the time we left!
On Halloween, we gave Reed his happy,
which was a musical card, a cool flashlight
for trick-or-treating, and a musical guitar!


He loves musical cards, but he was really interested
in getting a hold of that guitar.

Open it Daddy...open it!

Daddy showing Reed all the cool buttons!

He was one excited, dancing little boy!

Getting ready to go trick-or-treating
with the Robertsons!

Daddy helping Reed get dressed in his
Mickey Mouse costume.

Daddy and Reed

In the wagon and ready to go!

They were super excited!

Look! Reed was actually wearing his ears
and his gloves, and believe it or not, he
wore them the entire night!
Off they go...

He is so stinkin' cute!

This is a picture of Reed walking up to the first
house to trick-or-treat for the first time.

He wasn't really sure what to do at the first house.
The second house, he was taking notes!

The third house had a scary man dressed up,
but that didn't stop Reed.

He went straight for the CANDY!

By the fourth house, he was ready to do it
all by himself!

Walking up to the fourth house...

By then, he had this whole trick-or-treating
down pat!

At the next house, he took off running
but not for the candy....

for the DOG!

At first, Reed thought he was supposed to go
into the houses. He couldn't figure out why we
weren't going inside.

Give me some candy!

Off to another house

I couldn't get over him walking up to all of these
houses like such a big boy!

Reed and Landon loved this house
because she gave them all kinds of cool treats,
including a glow-in-the-dark necklace.
Reed tried to put his necklace in his bag
like he was supposed to do!

Putting some candy in his bag.

I tried to get a picture of Reed by this pumpkin,
but as you can tell, he was more interested
in looking at the pumpkin.
Okay Momma, I'll look at you for one picture!

Reed loved looking at all the different decorations.
Our neighborhood did a really good job decorating.
Posing for a quick picture.

Reed and Landon loved this blow up decoration.
Something would hide then pop out. Below is a
picture of Reed doing his "Where'd it go?" look.

When it popped out, they'd both die out laughing.
It was too cute!

Back at home enjoying some chips and rotel...
they are spoiled rotten!


6 comments:

Tina said...

Oh. My. Gosh.
I have laughed at loud, smiled with joy, and almost cried over this post! Super, super job!
I'm going to get some sleep, and I'll be back tomorrow. This was too much to absorb in one sitting!

The Robertsons said...

I love the pics!

The Simpsons said...

I love the Mickeys!!! They are both too cute. Looks like yall had a blast. love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Those pics were so good, I feel like I went on the trick or treat with them. I am impressed that Reed just walks right up to whatever was interesting to him. love you aye, Grandmama

Aunt Trish said...

Reed is the cutest Mickey Mouse that I've ever seen!! Those two boys looked like they had a ball. Give Reed a kiss for me. Love Yall!

mary lee said...

Reed makes a great Mickey...too cute! Looks like y'all had lots of fun!