Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

KATELYN'S 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY


We had a very eventful Labor Day weekend.
Friday night and Saturday morning,
Momma worked on Katelyn's cakes,
while Daddy & Reed played.
La la came up on Saturday
morning to play with Reed.

Saturday afternoon, we headed to
Booneville for Katelyn's 1st Birthday Party!
We had a wonderful time
playing and visiting with family.
Thanks Uncle Benjie, Aunt Tina, & Peyton
for letting us spend the night.

Sunday, we went to church and
spent the afternoon with Granddaddy, Nana,
& Jack. Then, we headed back to Hernando.


Happy Birthday Katelyn!!

The cakes turned out pretty good. I learn something
new with everyone I make. Katelyn seemed to really
enjoy her cake!

Reed and his cousin, Katelyn

We attempted (although not very successfully)
to get a picture of all the grandkids.
Elyjah snuck out of the picture
and Peyton was playing in a baseball tournament.
As you can tell, it was extremely hard to
get a picture of everyone looking at the camera.

Reed loves his Uncle Jack.

Nana & Reed

Katelyn opening her present from Reed.

She liked the bath toys!
Katelyn playing with her new vacuum.
Look at Reed staring at the vacuum. He was
dying to play with it.

YES!!! Katelyn was so sweet to let Reed play with her new vacuum. What can we say? He got it honestly!

Taking a water break!

The birthday princess

Reed sitting in Aunt Trish's lap enjoying a cookie.
Katelyn was ready for some cake!
I loved this picture of Katelyn because she had
the number one on her chest! She quickly discovered
that number one and ate it too!

Our little football star

I loved this picture of Reed.

He absolutely loves being outside!
Reed could play on this slide all day long!
Our little dare-devil. I thought he was going
to jump, but luckily, he decided to slide instead!

Monday morning, we were very lazy, which was nice. The weather was perfect,
so we decided to go to Arkabutla Lake and have a picnic. Believe it or not, Reed actually stayed on the blanket and ate with us! Reed had so much fun playing on the playground. We had a nice time!

Reed loved playing on the playground.
He was such a big boy. He climbed the stairs
all by himself, then went down the slide all by
himself. He is growing up so fast!

He loves to slide!

He was very proud of himself!

Daddy and Reed going down another slide.

Climbing the stairs and heading for the slide again!

Posing for Momma!
We enjoyed watching the water.
Reed was trying his best to show us something.
Daddy & Reed looking at the sailboat
We decided to climb down the rocks to get closer
to the water. We are so adventurous!

Reed was dying to get in that water.
So, we decided to take his shoes off and let him play
in the water.
He did not like getting his feet muddy!
He didn't even want to put his feet back on the ground.
We had a wonderful afternoon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katelyn's cakes were just beautiful, just like Katelyn. I really enjoyed seeing everyone again. The lake pictures were so much fun. Life is GOOD. LOVE, Grammie

Tina said...

The cakes looked great, and evidently Katelyn's cake was just as delicious as the one I ate. She was such a beautiful birthday princess.
I love all the pictures, but I really like the one of Reed walking down the driveway. He looks like he's on a mission. I just wonder where he thinks he was headed. But I think my favorite is the "no muddy feet" picture. That's just too funny. He amazes me. Great to see y'all this weekend. Come back when you can stay longer - and so we can at least say goodbye! : ( Love you!

The Robertsons said...

Great job on the cakes. They were precious. We all need to make another trip to the lake soon! That looked like a lot of fun.

Aunt Trish said...

The cakes turned out great! We enjoyed seeing y'all. Reed is just too cute!! Hope to see you again soon. Love You ~