Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 3, 2008

FEED ME...NOW!

Usually when Reed wakes up in the morning, one of us will go and get him out of bed and put him in the bed with us. He NEVER goes back to sleep once he gets in the bed with us, but we will usually play for about ten minutes until he gets bored and is ready to get down. However, this morning was a bit different.

He wakes up this morning and does his usual...throw his pacifiers out of the bed. I am sleepier than normal, so I turned to Daddy and said "It's your turn to go get him. Well, a few seconds later, I can hear a giggle, and Reed is crawling in the bed with me. So, he does his norm and crawls over me to get some treasures off of my bedside table. Then, he goes over to Daddy's side to see what he can find.

After a few minutes, he looks at me and starts to kind of fuss. He then takes his hands and starts to try and shove me out of bed. I mean he is literally trying to shove me out of bed...He is even grunting!

So, I pull my limp body out of the bed and said, "Are you wanting Momma to get out of bed?" Then, he stands up and puts his arms out. I ask "Are you hungry?" I pick him up and his little legs start kicking, and his famous finger is pointing towards the kitchen.

We walk into the kitchen, and he points the the refrigerator. I open it, and he points to his sippie cup. I take him to his highchair, and he literally tries to dive out of my arms into the highchair. I put the tray on the chair, and he starts to smack those precious hands on the tray.
I give him some fruit and toast, and he's a very happy boy!

Needless to say, he wasn't messing around this morning. He literally shoved me out of the bed because he wanted his food RIGHT NOW!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT IS PRECIOUS. I AM GLAD HE KNOWS WHAT HE WANTS AND HOW TO GET IT. GRAMMIE

The Gapens said...

Grammie -

I am so impressed that you posted a comment on my blog! I miss you!

I love you,

Reed

Tina said...

Kudos to Grammie!!! : )

Great story - I could picture him doing every bit of that!

Ashley said...

Erin,
Reed is so cute. I have been following your blog for a while and you do a great job. Love the new header too. Have a great week!

Lois McMurchy said...

Erin: your first words were "FEED ME NOW" Looks like my precious grandson is just like you....loved being with you both yesterday