Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 21, 2011

Giving Thanks!

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever!" 1 Chronicles 16:34

Reed has become very interested in holidays. He has learned so much at school and is very eager to learn more and more each day. At the first of November, he came home and started asking us questions about Thanksgiving. One afternoon, I thought of something fun to do with Reed that would help him understand Thanksgiving.

Reed & I made a turkey. I drew him on a poster board, then cut him out. Reed painted most of the stomach, and I painted the rest.

Our finished product:
Then, we cut out all of the feathers and painted them too.

Every day, Reed added a feather to his Turkey. On the feather, we would write something that he is thankful for. Reed came up with every feather ALL by himself. There were two times that he asked me some things that I was thankful for before he told me what to write on his feather. I must say, I am super proud of my sweet 4 year old!


Reed getting ready to put his first feather on his turkey.

Taping his feather to the Turkey

Day 6 (We didn't start this project until November 6)

Reed is thankful for FOOD!
Day 7

Reed is thankful for FRIENDS!
Day 8

Reed is thankful for GRANDPARENTS!

Day 9

Reed is thankful for TOYS!
Day 10

Reed is thankful for LALA!


Day 11

Reed is thankful for his HOUSE!

Day 12

Reed is thankful for MOMMY!
Chase had to hold the 'Mommy' feather too!

Day 13

Reed is thankful for CHASE!


Day 14

Reed is thankful for DADDY!
Day 15

Reed is thankful for LANDON!

Day 16

Reed is thankful for GAVIN!

Chase wanted to join in on all the action too!


Day 17

Reed is thankful for PARKS!

Day 18

Reed is thankful for FUN!

Day 19

Reed is thankful for MOVIES!


Day 20

Reed is thankful for SCHOOL!

Day 21

Reed is thankful for JESUS!

Reed's turkey with all of his feathers!A close-up of all of his feathers...



6 comments:

Debralee said...

CUTE idea!!! I will have to do this with Emma next year!

The Simpsons said...

you are so creative!!! I will definitely copy this and do it next year for Katelyn

THE CHITTOMS said...

What a sweet little boy you have. The turkey is too cute.

I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving! Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

WHAT SWEET THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR. I THINK THIS EXCEPTIONAL AND THE CLEVER MOM GETS A FIVE STAR*****grandmama

Anonymous said...

Wow...what an honor! Lala is thankful for her boys! They fill my life with joy and happiness. I know I get a goofy look on my face whenever they are around because they captivate me! I sure do love their mama and daddy, too! God is good....ALL the Time!

Kitchens Family said...

I am so suprised at how he came up with everything he is thankful for. This was a wonderful idea and I wished I had thought of it to do with my children. The boys are so cute.