The true meaning of Easter...Last week, I picked up Reed from school. Like I do every school day, I asked him what he learned at school. He said, "Jesus died. The soldier men were really mean to him." Then, I told him he was right. Then, I asked him what happened next, and he said, "Jesus was alive again." So, we talked about Jesus and Easter the whole way home. My eyes were filled with sweet tears! When we got home, he told Daddy what he'd learned about Easter and told Lala a few days later.
The Easter Bunny was very good to the boys.

Reed woke up first, so we decided to go ahead and let him see what the Easter Bunny brought him.

He took a few minutes before really digging in...

Excited to see a Scooby-Doo dvd.

Chase was excited to see all of the Mickey Mouse goodies in his basket.

He especially liked his Mickey Mouse coloring book.

His big brother is always coloring, and he usually doesn't share his crayons with Chase (mainly because Chase tries to eat them). So, Chase was very excited to have his own crayons.

Checking out his new Mickey Mouse dvd.

Trying his Hop sucker.

After Church, we wanted to attempt to get some pictures of our boys. Trying to get both boys to look and smile at the camera is near impossible! Here are several attempts...






(I love the fat roll over Chase's sock!)





(Chase loved the bridge!)


(I loved his little outfit.)


We tried to get a cute picture of the boys walking across the bridge, but Reed was having fun being silly.





Finally....SUCCESS!

I love how Chase is "cheesing" in this picture.

When we got home from church, we changed into comfortable clothes and grilled out hamburgers. I caught Chase in the living room enjoying his sucker.

Busted!

Opening his Easter card from Grandmomma.

He loved his stickers.

Reed opening his Easter card from Grandmomma.

He was excited to see his stickers too.

After Chase's nap, the boys set out to hunt Easter eggs.

Chase caught on pretty fast.

He liked putting the eggs in his bag...

but he also loved getting his eggs out of his bag and throwing them...

Reed is quite the pro at hunting eggs.

However, it took him forever to find the last egg. I will admit that the brown monkey was a little tough to find since he matched the deck.

Chase was ready to see what was in his eggs.

Reed dumping all of his eggs out of his basket.

Time for candy!

Chase sharing a jelly bean with Reed.

After hunting eggs, we dyed some real eggs.

Reed was very careful.

Chase wanted to drink the dye.

Their finished products...

Some action videos...
3 comments:
You got some great pictures of the boys together! They are so cute and growing up way too fast!
I LOVE all of the pictures of the boys. I also love Chase's legs and his outfit. And, Reed is such a handsome little man... can't believe he is 4!
Love y'all!
Hi Erin,
We've never met but I was a good friend to yours sister, Caroline. We were camp counselors together and planned to become roomates at state once I finished my two years at NEMCC.
I cannot believe that I found your blog with a randome google search but so happy I did.
I now live in London, married with twins. I think of Caroline often. Several years ago I wrote a short story about caroline and I wanted to share it with you and your mom. Could you tell me how I can do so? Email, etc? feel free to email me amanda [dot] gurney [at] gmail [dot] com
Your family is beautiful!
Post a Comment