Christian Reed Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Chase Rylan Gapen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Day with Mommy

My week didn't quite turn out the way I had hoped.
On Monday, I got a phone call saying that I had to go back
to work this week, and my heart just broke! I had hoped
for another whole week with Reed. We decided to keep
Reed at home this week, since we were in the middle of
potty training. So, Daddy kept him Monday, Gran kept
him Tuesday, and I took off work Wednesday.

I wanted just the two of us to do something special on
Wednesday, so we went to the Children's Museum in
Memphis. We had never been before, so I wasn't
quite sure what to expect. Reed loved every minute
of it, especially the airplane and fire truck!

Reed flying the airplane!

He thought the airplane was super cool.
It is an actual Fed Ex plane, so it had all the
buttons and gadgets that a real cockpit has.
He would watch what the other kids sitting
next to him would do with the steering wheel, then
he would do the same thing.
"Look at me, Momma!"

Turning the steering wheel.

They had a small replica of the Mississippi River.
There were magnetic fishing poles and fish.
Of course, Reed loved this part because he could get wet.
Showing Momma all of the fish that he caught.

And now...the Fire Truck!
The rest of our afternoon was spent in the
Fire Truck. We literally stayed in the Fire Truck
for over an hour and a half!
Discovering all of the buttons in the fire truck.

This picture is a little fuzzy, but I thought it was cute.

Waving to Momma. He said "Be right back!"
He had to go get me a Fireman's helmet too.

He's back!

I had to make him get out every now and then,
so other kids could have a turn.

Waving to Momma!

He loved the helmet!

Climbing back into the fire truck.

Adjusting his helmet.

Isn't he the cutest fireman you've ever seen?

He discovered the button to the siren and lights!

Showing Momma all of the parts of the Fire Truck.

We had a wonderful day. He didn't want to leave the fire truck. The only way I could get him to leave was to tell him that Daddy would take him to the fire station on Friday.
Aunt Tina is keeping Reed today, and Daddy is keeping him tomorrow! Since we do not have Internet at home, there are a few more posts, so continue to scroll down!

4 comments:

THE CHITTOMS said...

I loved all of the updates :)! Reed is such a sweet and fun little boy - it is too cute how much he loves firetrucks! I started work Monday, as well and fell to pieces when I left my boys, so I feel your pain. Miss y all!

The Robertsons said...

I knew Reed would love the museum. I am jealous that we didn't get to go with you!

mary lee said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! I wish we had a children' museum here like the one in Memphis.
In response to your post on my blog: Callee loves the sand, but the waves, not so much! We will be at all of the ballgames except homecoming. Would love to see y'all!

Tina said...

I bet Reed was in HEAVEN!!!! Man, oh man!!! What a perfect idea! I'm so glad you got to spend the day with him.